Thursday

Create a miniature paradise by constructing a terrarium using plants from your own backyard. Enjoy!



Make no mistake...... this terrarium is definitely a "work in progress." I have so much to learn about creating a realistic terrain but it already has proven to be an enjoyable experience. A search on the internet to obtain information about terrarium construction has been quite successful. Now I will add to, refine and maintain my little world to suit ME! I purposely did not include the tank container in my photos (ignore water droplets on the glass please ;0) as I wish you to imagine that you might be viewing an actual forest. (Click on photographs to enlarge.) The aquarium I am using is rather large and measures 12"w x 30"l x 19"h which affords plenty of room for a nice woodland scene to grow.
The process of setting up this terrarium has been for me like creating a landscape oil painting...... without the use of paint. A rewarding 30 minutes a week will gladly be spent caring for this labor of love as it is not the destination but the journey!

Carolyn Hietala
 
Add to Technorati Favorites